Red Fresno Sriracha Mac & CheeseJump To Recipe
How To Make Red Fresno Sriracha Mac & Cheese
This Red Fresno Sriracha is everything you’ve been searching for. Although it takes roughly an hour to prepare, it can be stored in your fridge for months. Totally worth it. We prefer it over the traditional option because it is slightly sweeter and there’s a little less heat, making for the perfect mac and cheese add-in. Plus – it’s additive free! This sauce is sure to become a new staple in your household.
Serve & Store
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy hot. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
6 ounces penne pasta
8 ounces Beecher's Flagship cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
1-1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces Beecher's Just Jack cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Pinch garlic powder
1 tablespoon Red Fresno Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cook penne 2 minutes less than package directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Continue whisking and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk while whisking. Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add 1-3/4 cups Flagship cheese, 1/4 cup Just Jack cheese, salt, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl and mix carefully. Fold in the sriracha. Scrape into an 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chili powder.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let Mac & Cheese sit for 5 minutes before serving.