It is important to keep in mind, that unless we tell you, we do not collect personally-identifiable information (name, address, e-mail address, or other unique identifiers) on our web site, except when you choose to provide that information to us.
We may share contact information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with any Sugar Mountain companies.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES BEECHER'S GATHER?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Beecher's. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information Collected and Stored Automatically: When you visit our web site to read pages or download information, we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address from which you access our web site. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web.
- The type of browser, such as Netscape or Internet Explorer, and operating system, such as Windows 98 or Linux, used to access our site.
- The date and time our site is accessed, for the purpose of monitoring demand.
- The pages visited, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of our web site by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
- The last site you visited, if that site contained a link to our web page, which indicates how you found this site.
This information does not identify you personally. We maintain the above information in system logs. We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by learning the number of visitors to our site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for specific pages. We do not track or record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
Information Collected from E-mail: When you send us personally-identifying information in an e-mail, we use the information you provide only to help us gather the information you might request. In an effort to respond to your request, various people within our Company may view the information you submit. For the most part, all information submitted by visitors is voluntary. Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information in the stated purpose. In some cases, such as when a user requests a product or fills out a survey, some identifiable information will need to be collected to fulfill your request or process your response.
E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. Whether or not e-mail is encrypted in transmission depends on your software.
Information Collected for Purchasers of Beecher's Products: The following additional policies apply to purchasers of our products.
To order products, you will have to provide us with personally-identifiable information to support the purchase. The information you provide may be entered into a database maintained to service our customers. While personally-identifiable information you provide is protected by law, we may be required by law to disclose the names and addresses of businesses that purchase our products.
If you are providing a credit card number, see our shipping policy to learn about our credit card security policy.
Transient cookies are enabled to track your order through the process.
Information Collected for Respondents to Surveys: Some of our surveys permit response over the Internet. The following additional policies apply to personally-identifiable information provided in response to our survey.
To respond to a survey via the Internet, you will have to provide us personally-identifiable information. For each survey, we provide an explanation to respondents about the confidentiality of the data and the laws that protect that data.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
As described above, we collect certain information about you with the use of "cookies." Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as purchasing our products and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web sites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize "Do Not Track" signals, but several of these third party companies who utilize these cookies or beacons on our web sites enable you to opt out of this behavioral advertising. To learn more or opt out from these companies you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
- We have implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, which may include Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Please consult Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, and Google Analytics’ safeguarding your data webpage (www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html).
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
DOES BEECHER'S SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Beecher's and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or protect the rights, property, or safety of Beecher's, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Beecher's features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send an e-mail to theStaff@Beecherscheese.com and write "unsubscribe" in the subject heading. (If you do not want to receive notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Beecher's, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site.
CAN CHILDREN PURCHASE ITEMS ?
Beecher's does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Beecher's only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES?
Our web site contains links to other web sites. Once you link to another site you are subject to the policies of the new site.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit Beecher's, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at Beecher's, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.